Tuesday, November 11, 2008

#6 The Law

Some people talk face to face like they do when they text. These people abbreviate words when they speak. Common words I've heard abbreviated are dec for decent and nas for nasty. I think this is okay to be seen in a text, but in my opinion it is absolutely ridiculous when you're having an actual conversation. Why do people do this? It is not hard at all to say full words. The people who abbreviate words when they talk are very irritating. Abbreviating words has become so common that people can't even have a normal, intelligent conversation anymore. There is going to be a new law that will hopefully get the number of people who do this to decease. The law is that no one can abbreviate words when they talking in person. Violators of this law will have to pay a fine of twenty-five dollars anytime they abbreviate a word. This law will also effect people who say OMG instead of saying oh my god. Other words or phrases that will no longed be allowed are LOL and IDK. This new law will be enforced starting December 1, 2008. You better start to use full words when you talk, or you'll have to pay the price.

4 comments:

qb1991 said...

Oh lord I am in trouble for this law! I abbreviate all the time, even in my normal speech. I would have to not pass this law, and move on with my life. Our national deficit could be paid off in full if it was enacted in a matter of years. I would definitely break this law and probably abuse the right to do so. Putting restrictions on the freedom of speech is not in my list of priorities, so I would have no reason to find value to this law. Thankfully you didn't entail texting under a part of this law!!!! I abbreviate all the time and feel the need to do so to remain convenient, short, simple, and sweet. So this law makes me lol!!!! :D

alle said...

This law is going to cost me quite a bit. I am awful with this; I always abbreviate words when I am talking. My abbreviations haven’t gotten so bad that I say OMG or JK in actual sentences but I diffidently say things like def. or whatevs. . I think this law should not pass. Although it may be ridiculous for people to use abbreviations in real life I believe that this falls into the Freedom of Speech category and cannot be taken away from people.

About21ninjas said...

i think that this is an amazing law. like you i can not stand when people dont take the time to say out a full word. seriously it takes an extra half secon, if that to say the ful word. i would never break this law, because i never abreviate words. even when i text i spell out the full word. some people are just rediculous. good job on this one.

One Moment Can Change Everything said...

Well I dont really have that problem because my friends dont abbreviate and netiher do I. But if they did or I did i wouldnt care. So i would vote no for your law because it doesnt bother me. If this law was passed i probably wouldnt break it becasue i never abbreviate my words anyway so i wouldnt have a problem, and no i would not break it intentionally because i wouldnt want to pay 25 of my money.